Welcome to the CentreStack Administration Guide. This guide describes administration tasks for CentreStack, the mobile access and secure file sharing solution that focuses on local file server cloud-enablement.
CentreStack runs on the Windows Server platform and includes client agent software applications for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Mobile Clients for the Android and Apple iOS operating systems.
CentreStack includes a client application for Windows File Server, which is named “Server Agent”. This document is about CentreStack itself, not about the “Server Agent”.
This admin guide is written for CentreStack version
CentreStack is a mobile access and secure file sharing solution. It differentiates itself from other File Sync and Share solutions by focusing on data security, permission controls and, file server cloud-enablements including data protection and cloud migration. CentreStack surpasses the competition in the following areas:
- Maintaining Active Directory, security and NTFS permissions on files and folders.
- Providing live time sync-and-share with versioning and revision controls.
- Providing On-Demand access that honors Read-Only, and Write permissions in Real-Time.
- Mirroring of local network shares for Team Collaboration in the Cloud.
- Provide drive mapping and file locking functionality for files in the Cloud.
CentreStack is a software solution built on top of the Microsoft Web Platform. It provides file access and sharing functionality from PCs, Macs, File Servers, Web Browsers, and Mobile Devices. In addition, it also brings data protection and cloud migration features.
The services can be deployed in flexible combinations to meet different needs. There are two primary ways to deploy CentreStack.
- Deploy the CentreStack server in the same site as the File Servers and Active Directory domain controllers:
See also: File Server Remote Access
- Deploy in a cloud data center, such as Amazon Web Services EC2, Microsoft Azure, or in a Data Center where the Managed Service Provider (MSP) hosts their infrastructure:
This Administration Guide is for the Self-Hosted CentreStack. For Hosted-CentreStack, please reference the Hosted CentreStack Admin Guide.